Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

"...heartburn is radiating my knee caps..."

the results of my glucose tolerance test came back negative. but they did show that i'm still anemic. so, it seems as though baby girl is hogging all my iron and folic acid. i'm now up to 2 iron pills a day.

on a completely different note, heartburn has completely taken over my life. i'll randomly feel this overwhelming surge of fire in my throat throughout the day. sometimes it'll even wake me up at night...especially if i've eaten mexican for dinner. mexican food, that is. not an actual mexican. although, that would probably do a lot more to my digestive system than shoot fireballs towards my uvula. i can't swallow it down or do anything except wait it out. refusing to take any medication, i'm consuming more milk in a day than 18 cows probably produce in a month. vanilla ice cream is also a good friend of mine. i do eat tums every now and then, but milk and ice cream are much more delicious-er.

i'm sure justin's so sick of hearing me shout, from our bedroom every night, "MILK! I NEED SOME MILK!" but we'll totally take this complication over what we experienced with davis. i can't believe i had him 2 and a half weeks from now. so crazy.

4 comments:

  1. At least you’re getting A LOT of vitamin D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heartburn SUCKS! hopefully you don't kick me, but when i was preggo my dr. said NOT to drink milk or eat ice cream because it actually makes heartburn worse. :(

    "Contrary to popular belief, milk is not a recommended antidote to heartburn. A glass of milk does provide immediate relief as it goes down, but milk contains calcium and protein, and these eventually stimulate even more acid production in the stomach. This can cause a more severe heartburn that can return in as little as a half an hour."

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm such a glutton for punishment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the HAIR she will have!!! And how BALD mine will be!...I'm jealous, bc I want mine to have hair so she can wear cute clips and bows. I want heartburn!...(seriously joking)...but really, I haven't had any. So weird! Wonder if it'll come later or near the end?...hmm

    ReplyDelete